Lapeer County offers a wide range of benefit options, such as multiple medical plans, standard dental and vision plans, $25,000 life insurance coverage, and Retirement Benefits.
Employees need to elect medical benefits within 90 days of the date of hire. If you already have coverage and wish to opt-out of coverage through the County you are entitled to an opt-out payment.
Benefit and Offerings
- Medical: The County offers employees five Health Plan options through McLaren Health Plan.
- Vision: The County offers a Blue Cross & Blue Shield plan for employees.
- Dental: Our dental insurance provider is Delta Dental.
- Vacation: Lapeer County provides a generous amount of vacation days to benefitted employees so you can spend time with family and friends.
- Holidays: The County gives you 12 days a year to celebrate holidays.
- Personal Time: Employees receive 24 hours annually to use for appointments, take care of family needs and other personal reasons.
- Sick Time: Lapeer County provides a generous amount of sick time that is carried over every year.
- Retirement: Lapeer County offers a defined benefit plan through MERS.
- Health Care Savings: The County provides a tax-free medical savings account for covering the costs of post-employment medical expenses
- Life Insurance: Lapeer County provides benefitted employees $25,000 worth of Life Insurance automatically. Additional coverage is offered for purchase during enrollment.
- Short Term Disability: The County offers a plan through AFLAC.
- Long Term Disability: The County offers a plan through Madison National Life, which pays 60 percent of your salary or wages.
- Employee Assistance Program: All employees enrolled in the Counties group term life insurance coverage through Madison National and National Insurance Services are automatically covered by the Employee Assistance Program, Identity Theft Protection services and LIFT session Fitness.
Benefits listed are available for Full-time employees. All regular part-time employee benefits only include accrued sick, personal, and holiday time at a prorated amount in addition to enrollment in the MERS Defined Benefit Plan.